Home and Country USA Coconut Fiber Potting Mix is 100% natural and is a by-product of coconut coir manufacturing process. Compressed to a brick of approximately 30cm x 30 cm x 12.5cm size, it expands to approx. 17-18 gallons of soft potting mix on addition of water. Whether you were blessed with a green thumb or not, this mix makes gardening fun again! Home and Country USA soil-less growing medium has low EC (Electrical Conductivity meaning salt content) and is of optimum pH balance to make it ideal as a soil additive to grow premium, healthy plants. It's a great alternative to peat moss, and after adding water, it expands to 17-18 gallons. that's the equivalent of 3 cubic feet of peat moss which weighs nearly 30 pounds. Our product weighs only 10 pounds, saving your time and your back! Compressed Coco peat potting mix, also known as coir pith or coco coir or coir peat, can be used as a soil-less growing medium or as a soil additive to improve texture and retain water. It adds volume without all the weight. Unlike dirt or soil dug up from your backyard, or typical bags of topsoil, our unique potting mix doesn't dry out quickly, keeping your plants watered and happy. Finally, you won't have to water nearly as often! Whether your growing leafy plants,orchids, succulents or flowering plants indoors or vegetables, annuals or perennials outdoors, Home and Country USA coco fiber potting mix will make gardening less work and help provide the results you're looking for. This coconut coir soil-less mix is great for hydroponics enthusiasts. Strap on your Gardening Gloves and Get Growing, with Our Coir Fiber Potting Mix!
- Coconut coir bricks provide an enhanced gardening soil when combined with top soil. The coco coir provides roots to have something tangible to hold onto and through water retention, require less water.
- Superior nutrient retainability. This is especially productive as a seed starting mix to help seed use stored nutrients in both lawn and gardening soil.
- 100% Organic, Reduces watering frequency without plant stress, Application: Mix 40% Coco Coir into soil upon planting.
- Upon wetting the coco coir brick, expands to 17-18 gallons worth of material.
- High water holding capacity (10x its weight in water) while still maintaining excellent drainage and aeration. This allows root zone to maximize needed water without becoming waterlogged